Friday, October 06, 2006

FAMILY : A FEW THOUGHTS

1...What the mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the
.....coffin.
...........................Henry Ward Beecher

2...Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in
.....its own way.
...............................Leo Tolstoy

3...When I was a boy of fourteen,my father was so ignorant (that) I
.....could hardly stand to have the old man around.But when I got to
.....be twenty one I was astonished at how much he had learned in
.....seven years.
...............................Mark Twain

4...A married man with a family will do anything for money.
......................Charles de Talleyrand

5...The reason (some) parents no longer lead their children in the
.....right direction is because the parents aren't going that way
.....themselves.
..............................Kin Hubbard

6...I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned
.....to know what his grandson will be.
...........................Abraham Lincoln

7...Children require guidance and sympathy far more than instruction.
..............................Anne Sullivan

8...Permissiveness is the principle of treating children as if they were
...adults; and the tactic of making sure they never reach that stage.
...............................Thomas Szasz

9...The affection of a father and a son are different: the father loves

.....the person of the son, and the son loves the memory of his father.
.................................Anonymous

No comments: